Seven Deadly Sins: Pride By Rev. J. Sleestaxx

Seven Deadly Sins: Pride
By Rev. J. Sleestaxx

Mar 7:22
adultery, greed, evil, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, pride, and folly.

Today we talk about Pride.


In almost every list Pride is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly
Sins.

Did you know that the demon for pride is Lucifer? It was Lucifer’s pride that bested him and made god angry and cast Lucifer from heaven and transformed him into Satan.
Great classical plays and stories are about pride and how pride can destroy everything that made that person proud.
God hates evil and he hates pride.
When I was young I loved this woman very much. I would do anything for her but tell her that I loved her. Because she would no longer want to see me if I told her I loved her. That was her thing. She did it to all of my friends. She would boast about how beautiful she was an how she could get any man to fall in love with her and her beauty.

Pro 6:15 Therefore, his disaster will come suddenly;
in an instant he will be broken, and there will be no remedy.

We dated for quite a while and she would ask me if I loved her and I would get silent and I would appear to think on this.
Inside my heart and in my mind there was a fever for her and we wanted to scream to the heavens and to every stranger that we indeed loved her with every fiber of our existence.
And then I would look her in the eye and lie like a car salesman. No I do not love you yet but I do really like you and I really enjoy spending time with you. why do you love me?"
To which she would reply, "do not be silly for I am too pretty to love just you. I will marry a rich man and love him."

Pro 6:16 There are six things that the Lord hates, even seven things that are an abomination to him:

Pro 6:17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Now although my lie was a lie it was a small lie and I do not think that the good lord is going to let me beat up evil and save souls and then bar-b-que my feet.
But I know the lord was mad at her.



Pro 8:13
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; I hate arrogant pride and the evil way and perverse utterances.

One day while in her arms I whispered very very softly that I loved her. The volume of my whisper was not even audible to my ears but I know she heard me. She began to make ridiculous demands of me. She made me forget my friends. She made me spend all of my money. She made me insane.
I began to drink from the guilt I carried for the leaving of my friends. Some of them really needed me but I forego them to make her happy. My guilt was a yoke of many men who had loved her. I felt I had lost all of myself in that one whispered statement. I had mortgaged everything that was me for her smile.
She never asked me if I loved her. She never asked me to do anything I did for her. She told me I loved her and I did no argue. She told me to leave my friends. She told me I drank too much and she told me to stop calling.
I did as I was told because I was in love and I had to believe that she would come around and love me too.
I drank more and more.
I walked the city streets in a tunnel vision haze of liquor and heart break.
I gave up showering because I thought she might call while I was in the shower.
She would see me on the street and she would be with her new boyfriend and they would point and laugh at me. She would tell her boyfriends that I loved her and that all men loved her because she was so beautiful.

Psa 59:12
They speak sinful words. So let them be trapped by their own pride and by the curses and lies they speak!

Well one day a few things happened that cause me to wake up.
One was a friend coming by and smacking me around until I saw the errors of my ways.
I dried out.
I sobered up and I fell out of love with the bitch.
I quickly began to hate the evil, twisted, tragic fucking cunt that had eaten my heart and vomited my love onto my feet.
I hated myself for the memory I carried in my heart and burned on my brain
I was now on a crusade to bring the fat fucking cow down. I began calling at all hours of the night. I would make calls and when a man answered I would tell him what an evil witch she was and they would laugh at me.
I got angrier and I began to follow the male suitors home after they had a date with her.
I would catch them on the steps of their apartments and I would come up behind them and grab them. I could smell her on their clothes and in their hair. I could see her lipstick on their flesh and I would become enraged to the point of berserk and I would beat them to an inch of their lives. The beating came so swift and fierce they did not even have a chance to see my face.
But she would tend their wounds and play nurse maid for the ones I broke bones. At least until they said the three words and then she would leave them in the dark on the couch or in the bed with no more than a "see you later baby".
She was evil and I was a man possessed by evil love slash hate.

Isa 13:11
I will punish the world for its evil, and wicked people for their sin. I will put an end to the pride of the insolent, I will bring down the arrogance of tyrants.

One morning I awoke and I no longer wanted to go out and hunt. I no longer wanted to find out who she was dating. I was over her. Three long years of this and I was awake. I was free of her spell, of her evil control.

Rom 12:16
Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly. Do not be conceited.

I began to get my life together. I began to see the light and one day while getting my ass beat by some crooked cops, god spoke to me and I found my calling and I became the person before you today.
But her, well the other day I was asked to help a member move out of a trailer park. We had about got all of the furniture moved out when I heard some yelling from the mobile home across the way.
The church member I was helping said that there was a troubled and dysfunctional couple in there and that they fought all hours of the day.
They raised reptiles for support and they were always drunk on cheap wine. And that they had been friends until I brought him to the lord.
We began to move boxes into the trailer when the door on the trailer busted open and the woman fell out. She was a mess, hair all scraggly and fat bulging out of the top of her too tight pants. She jiggled where one hopes to never jiggle.
The door burst open again and out came a very masculine woman.
“And do not ever come back again we are done. You hear me we are done. I am tired of hearing how beautiful you are and how every man wants to be with you. Where are they? “I see nothing! Hey there is a preacher you want to try and get him to fall in love.”
“No baby I love you please do not throw me out like this. I do not know what I will do without you.”
“The men mean nothing to me they are there to support us. I tell you I want nothing to do with them.”
Yes you guessed it the girl begging was the bitch that chewed me up.
The girl in the mud looked at me and she smiled. She did not even recognize me in amongst all of the other poor souls that she swallowed.
She stood and brushed off the mud. She stepped towards the door of the house and the woman charged down the stairs and slapped her to the ground. "I told you, you were done here I want you gone." And the she began to kick her while she huddled on the ground weeping in the fetal position.

Mal 4:2
But for you who respect my name, the sun of vindication will rise with healing wings, and you will skip about like calves released from the stall.

“You must stop” I yelled. And I picked up my blood stained, well worn, and tattered bible.
The church member I was assisting sat on the tail of the trailer and opened a beer.
“Wait here” I said.
I strode across the street towards the altercation.
She looked up and told me to mind my own business.
“But ma'am this is my business you are hurting another human being.”
“No I am telling my ex to leave but she will not.” And she kicked her again.
My ex-love began to weep and wail.
I stepped in between and helped her to her feet.
“You know father she is not special.”
“No my child we are all special and you are treading on a serious course to seeing the great lord himself.”
“Oh yeah is that so?”
“That is right” my old flame said, “You tell her Johnny.”
I looked at her and she looked at me and I knew at that moment she knew who I was and she knew I knew and she knew I did not love her anymore.
She just cratered. She knew I was walking away telling them both that they deserved each other.
But no I backed handed the masculine woman and slapped the bible across the old lovers face.
I told them both the story about pride and about how Lucifer was cast from heaven because of his pride and arrogance.
They repented after a couple of bible belts. They swore they would mend their ways and attend church. They have not arrived here and I hope they have arrived at another church.

Pro 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Stop in the foyer for some coffee and donuts. Talk to the deacons about the upcoming summer camp for the kids and how you may be able to assist in the training and teachings of young minds.
Please go in peace and do not honk at each other.


Amen







Like A Monkey With A Handgun

By Rev. J. Sleestaxx
Release date: By 3 December, 2007..

Also reading

With A Mouthful Of Razorblades

By Rev. J. Sleestaxx
Release date: By 6 February, 2008..

No comments: