Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth By Rev. J. Sleestaxx

Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth
By Rev. J. Sleestaxx

Mar 7:22
adultery, greed, evil, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, pride, and folly.

Today I am going to tell a story and talk about Sloth.

Sloth, once called the sin of sadness. The refusal to enjoy the goodness of the lord god and the world he created. Early Christian writers would describe sloth as melancholy or apathy. But still the refusal to participate in life and the great gift that is the world around us is the true sin here.

Pro 6:9
How long, you sluggard, will you lie there? When will you rise from your sleep?

Pro 6:10
A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to relax,

Pro 6:11
and your poverty will come like a robber, and your need like an armed man.

Dante mad this middle sin as it describes the failure to love god with all of ones mind or heart. Dante tells of purgatory for these lazy sullen depressed bastards as being made to run at top speed for ever and ever until their penance was paid and god felt the sin was atoned.
The modern version of the vice is still just apathy, just the supreme desire to not make a change. To not participate, to do nothing and accept that that is the status quoi is a travesty.
Because of the unwillingness to act or care makes this sin a less serious sin.
THAT IS BULLSHIT!
It is a deadly sin for a reason. If you do not care to make a change then the ones making a change are going to make the change for themselves. And the ones making a change may not be thinking of god and what is in the best interest of the lord.

1Cor 3:8
The one who plants and the one who waters work as one, but each will receive his reward according to his work.

Sinners are numerous and sinners are driven.
If you let sinners make the decisions you are ripe for a rape and a push down a road you do not want to travel.
I have spoken twice about this apathy, this "I want to sit hear and cry instead of get in the game" attitude that pisses me off. And I still see the same number of slothful people everyday. I have helped two people move to a better place because they took charge of their game and made the game work for them.
They stopped sitting on the side saying that is not fair. No they got up and look at the rules and said ok that is the rule today that will work for me this way and they applied the rules. And they made a change and they now are reaping the benefits of a better life. They stopped being slothful. Will you all stop being slothful??

Pro 10:4
The one who is lazy becomes poor, but the one who works diligently becomes wealthy.

hey I know it is hard to make a change, I know that change means that there is a unknown ahead but you know what embrace the unknown and work the new unknowns to your favor.
The modern version of the vice is still just apathy, just the supreme desire to not make a change. To not participate, to do nothing and accept that that is the status quoe is a travesty.
I had asked a new member to have his clergy come talk to me because his clergy failed to teach him god's anger and god's desire for us to make positive changes around us. His clergy let him commit one of the most grievous sins and told him that it was ok to prey, and feed, and oppress others. His clergy failed to talk to him about the deadly sins and the desire to god has for us to accept change.

1Tim
5:8 But if someone does not provide for his own, especially his own family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Pro 18:9
The one who is slack in his work is a brother to one who destroys.

His clergy stopped by, and we talked and he asked me about the bruises that his member had received here during on of my lectures.
That was not a lecture father that was a baptism.
But he had already been baptized.
Obviously this did not take. He was sinning and he thought he was not committing and crime against god.
Well he is either going to heaven or his is not weather he sins does not matter.
WHAT! Are you serious?
Yes
No you are wrong and that is what we are here for to help shepherd this poor lost soul to he green pastures that are the lords word and way. There are no gimmes!
Oh no we are here until the lord calls us home. Our time is just a formality.

Ecc 10:18
Because of laziness the roof caves in, and because of idle hands the house leaks.

You sir have been listening to Belphegor. The devils demon of sloth. Satan harbinger of evil deadly sins
You sir are with any desire to change or enjoy the wondrous works of god, and I slapped him.
He looked shocked. He looked hurt. Above all he looked pissed. Oh good he may have a chance left after all. Then I saw a wave of something wash over him and he just sat back. Come on man I said as I stood. Get up and make a change! And I slapped him again.

Pro 12:24
The diligent person will rule, but the slothful will become a slave.

He flinched and sat there. He had tears well up in his eyes and said "stop hitting me" in a shaky voice.
I laughed, "I did not hit you. I slapped you like a bitch, Now do something about it!”
No you need to stop hitting me!
I slapped him again and laughed at him.
He sat there and then he began to shake and I saw the tears begin to get bigger. and then he exploded into heavy sobs.
"Why do they always beat me up oh lord?" "Why do the bullies always get to beat me up and you do nothing to stop it"
I bent down into his face, "does he answer you?"
He choked back some sobs and shook his head.
I am not a bully. I am here to talk to you about your failure to preach to today's people. And then I find you are committing a grievous sin.
But why does the lord let you beat me up?
The lord does not let me beat you up you let me beat you up. You let the bullies win. you let your church down everyday you get up and not make a change. You are a pussy and I am going to beat you up some more
No. please do not, I can not take it.
No you will take it or you will make me stop.
No I will run away.

Tit 1:12
A certain one of them, in fact, one of their own prophets, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.”

Ha! You? You fat, out of shape, whinny little shit? You could not get away.
You will either fight me or you will get beaten up.
I will get beaten either way.
No you will have made a change and you will have stood up for your self.
And I grabbed the collar of his shirt and dragged him to the rectory and then to the ring and I pushed his fat ass through the ropes like some kinky play dough boxing press.
He started to get to his feet, "Do we not get any gloves?"
No not today,
And I swung and he took one in the gut, he doubled over.
Do you not see the point? Can you not make the connection?
and just as I was about to give up on this man of the cloth he whips up to stand and brings his left hand across my cheek. "yeah" he said "i get it" and he popped me in the mouth.
My head snapped and he stepped into it me as my head snapped back.
He got two more good jabs in before I was able to realize that he was a boxer from long ago.
We traded punches and jabs for an hour.
Finally he said stop.
I stopped and he said that the good lord just whispered in his ear that I was right. and that he was lazy in his sheepherding and teaching. That he needed to step his game up and tell his flock to step up for them selves.
Man I panted an hour of this before he spoke to you he must have been pretty angry at you to let you get the beating you got.
No he said with his hands on his knees he told me all that back when you pushed me into the ring. I stayed quiet because I wanted to make you pay for calling me a bitch.

Mat 25:26
But his master answered, ‘Evil and lazy slave! So you knew that I harvest where I didn’t sow and gather where I didn’t scatter?

We cleaned up. The clergy spoke about how he was going to start affecting a change in his house and how he was going to start a movement. He was working on a homily about how one needs to step up their game to stay in the game.
He was going to start getting the teen ministries to work on the younger generation and
Get a head start on them. He said he regretted the apathetic and piss poor way he ran his church for the past 10 to 15 years.
He was worried about the number of members that were not prepared for the change because of his teachings.
I told it did not matter they would get in the game once they realized the need to get in there.
I also talked to him about the leaders that go to his church and how he needs to counsel them in their preying on the weakest of the community.
We are on the cusp of some great changes people, our first cross denominational beating, the change being affected across classes and into the business world, some wondrous and wooly times indeed.
The Sunday school is starting a 8 week course after services for the younger members. The main focus is teaching the younger members to stand up against bullies and to speak out for them selves. Parents are encouraged to assist in their assertiveness training and to foster a relationship of listen as opposed to just dictating.
Cookies and coffee are in the foyer. The Singles in Christ’s light are having a mixer this Friday.
If you are single you should get out to this and meet other like minded individuals. Maybe you can find a sparing partner. Who knows maybe a love tap that brings the image of god to your eyes is all that is needed to finish that life of bachelorhood.

Go in peace and try not to kill each other in the parking lot.






Like A Monkey With A Handgun

By Rev. J. Sleestaxx
Release date: By 3 December, 2007..

Also reading

With A Mouthful Of Razorblades

By Rev. J. Sleestaxx
Release date: By 6 February, 2008..

No comments: